What is Affiliated Education
Advancing professional knowledge and skills
Affiliated Education will provide the opportunity for Level 2 & 3 AUSactive Professionals to build on their knowledge and skills and develop professional networks within health, recreation and sporting fields. They can attain CECs for professional development in line with their career goals as an intermediate-advanced AUSactive professional. The majority of the program/event must contain education within the relevant Scope of Practice (SOP) for AUSactive Professionals and must be approved/accredited by a recognised education provider/association listed below. It’s important to note that it doesn’t extend the Scope Of Practice for Professionals.
Programs and events approved by the following associations/organisations:
- Academy of Applied Personal Training Education
- American Council on Exercise
- American College of Sports Medicine
- Australian Council for Health, Physical Education & Recreation
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Australian Skills & Quality Authority
- Collegiate Strength & Conditioning Association
- Dietitians Australia Association
- Exercise Sports Science Australia
- International Health Racquet & Sportsclub Association
- Members of the International Confederation of Registers for Exercise Professionals
- National Coaching Accreditation Scheme (Australian Sports Commission)
- National Council on Strength and Fitness
- National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Osteopathy Australia
- PD:Approval (UK REPs)
- Sports Dietitians Australia
- Sports Medicine Australia
- The Cooper Institute
- Pilates Alliance Australasia*
- Australian Pilates Method Association*
- Pilates Method Alliance*
- Yoga Alliance*
- Yoga Australia*
* Pilates and Yoga Professionals that complete third party approved education from these associations may
be able to obtain 1 CEC per 1.5 hours of education irrespective of their registration level. This is subject to
change post November 2023.
How do AUSactive Professionals provide evidence of Affiliated Education?
Eligible AUSactive Professionals must submit the following information via their Affiliated Education form for each program/event in order to attain CECs.
In the event of an audit, AUSactive Professionals must be able to provide:
- Evidence of participating in the program/event (i.e. Certificate of completion or attendance). This evidence must clearly identify the authorised association/organisation approving this form of education; and
- The associated program outline (indicating content & schedule of the program).
What if my education provider is not listed?
AUSactive encourages Professionals to approach the education provider/association to discuss the potential of a CEC program/event application.
How many CECs can AUSactive Professionals attain through Affiliated Education?
The maximum CECs that can be earned in any given two-year registration period is:
Level 2 | up to 4 CECs
Level 3 | up to 10 CECs
This can be accumulated via multiple approved programs/events attended.
Why can’t Level 1 AUSactive Professionals attain CECs for Affiliated Education?
Level 1 (Introductory) AUSactive Professionals have been in the industry for less than two years, therefore it’s vital that they have a true understanding of their core role and that this is reinforced by education which has been reviewed and is entirely within their relevant SOP.
Can AUSactive Professionals claim Affiliated Education for their current registration term?
Yes, if an AUSactive Professionals has attended/completed a program/event at any stage within their current registration term they can attain CECs for Affiliated Education as long as it meets the criteria and the appropriate documentation has been submitted.
How long should AUSactive Professionals maintain evidence of documentation?
AUSactive Professionals should maintain evidence of their ongoing education and associated documentation for five years.
How will completion of Affiliated Education be profiled for AUSactive?
Programs/events that may be acknowledged as Affiliated Education will not appear on the AUSactive CEC Directory nor will it appear in the public profile of an AUSactive Professional. Additionally, no Delivery Knowledge or Skill (DKS) area will be allocated.