Hurry, last days to enter!
AUSactive has announced the judging line-up for this year’s revamped National Awards Program, showcasing some of the industry’s top fitness professionals, business owners and industry experts from right across Australia.
The judging panel consists of seven head judges and 29 category judges who will review and select state and national finalists and category winners across 28 individual, business and community awards honouring the growing sector.
The National Awards 2022 head judges are:
- Kristen Green (NSW) – Executive General Manager, Campbelltown Catholic Club
- Dr Dan Jolley (WA) – Coordinator, Fitness and Sport, South Metropolitan TAFE
- Dr Betul Sekendiz (NSW) – Managing Director, Fitness Industry Risk Management Consulting
- Mish Wright (Vic) – Director, Mish Fit
- Justin Tamsett (NSW) – Managing Director, Active Management
- Cheye Hill (WA) – Manager, Leisure and Recreation Services, Town of Port Hedland
- Amanda Bracks (NSW) – Studio Owner, Soulful Fitness
AUSactive CEO Barrie Elvish said the breadth and expertise of this year’s judging panel showed the high calibre of the industry and its penetration into all communities.
“This year’s judging panel represents a wide range of talent and expertise from across the expanding health and fitness sector. We’ve selected exceptional leaders in our industry – from studio owners and business owners through to fitness safety, education and community facility professionals,” Mr Elvish said.
“Our rigorous judging process will see head judges oversee a number of selected categories while the remainder of the judging panel will be allocated a category that best suits their areas of expertise and knowledge.
“It’s important our judging panel reflects the diversity of our sector, which is why we’ve ensured representation from as many states and territories as possible as well as ensuring balanced representation from men and women working and participating in health and fitness.”
Mr Elvish said entries were closing at the end of the week and urged industry professionals and community groups to get their entry in before it’s too late.
“Entries are closing this Friday for our expanded program of 28 categories. We’ve had a strong number of entries already submitted but if you are still thinking of entering, now is your chance before it’s too late,” Mr Elvish said.
“The range of categories we have on offer this year means there’s greater chance of receiving industry recognition for the passion and commitment you put into your role as a fitness professional, business owner or community leader.”
The culmination of the National Awards Program will be a gala event in Sydney on 21 October 2022 where the national winners will be presented their awards.
For more information on all National Awards 2022 judges please refer to attached infographic's or visit awards.ausactive.org.au.
The AUSactive National Awards Program 2022 includes the following categories:
- Mental Health Awareness Award
- Most Inclusive and or Diverse Program
- Sustainability Award
- Industry Innovation Award
- Social Value & Community Impact Award
- Educator of the Year
- Rising Star Exercise Instructor of the Year
- Exercise Instructor of the Year
- Rising Star Personal Trainer of the Year
- Personal Trainer of the Year
- Group Exercise Leader of the Year
- Pilates Professional of the Year
- Yoga Professional of the Year
- Aqua Professional of the Year
- Student of the Year
- Accredited Exercise Professional of the Year
- Multiservice Business of the Year
- Independent Business of the Year
- Pilates Business of the Year
- Yoga Business of the Year
- Certified Business of the Year
- Quality Accredited Business of the Year
- Franchise Group of the Year
- CEC provider of the Year
PEOPLE’S CHOICE CATEGORIES